Please join us at our upcoming webinar:
What is an Electronic Health Record (EHR)?
Friday, June 3rd, 2022, 12PM-1:00PM
One (1) Continuing Education Credit
Presented by Susan C. Litton, Ph.D.
Please see Program Brochure for details.
Seems like everything Is called an EHR these days. Yet, when you investigate the various products, they can sometimes seem as different as night and day. So . . . what is an EHR REALLY? Are there differences between EHRs, EMRs and Practice Management Systems? Maybe you used one of the large-scale products like Epic when you worked for an agency and are now in private practice. What now? How do you manage your own patients’ medical records and charts? Or maybe you’ve always been a paper/pencil therapist and do NOT want to change. And yet . . . with COVID and telehealth and all that . . . you can see that there might be advantages to at least SOME digital tools.
This workshop will cover topics like:
- The difference between desktop vs. online EHRs
- EHRs, EMRs and practice management systems – how are these different? Or are they?
- Security issues with keeping patient records online.
- HIPAA-compliant software: is there any such thing?
- Bundled tools vs separate products for only what you need.