DPA Member Benefits
In addition to promoting the interests of psychologists and the profession of psychology in the state, membership in DPA offers a variety of other benefits:
- Reduced fees for DPA-sponsored continuing education programs, including some programs in adjacent states and priority registration for capacity events. DPA offers APA-approved credits for the biennial requirement of 40 hours of continuing education for State of Delaware licensure;
- Advocacy on legislative issues vital to the profession and mental health, on State and Federal levels;
- Colleague networking and support on a confidential basis, as well as available mentoring, opportunities to participate in public education activities, social events and the usage of member listservs;
- Subscription to The DPA Bulletin, DPA's newsletter published 11 times per year, the only regular psychology publication in the state, including two, free advertisements per year;
- For members in clinical practice, inclusion in the DPA on-line referral service, “Find A Psychologist”, and the opportunity to join the Practice Committee, which has formal and informal networking, business and computer help, and other activities; also the opportunity to list your practice and/or practice website link on the DPA website;
- Access to the knowledgeable and experienced DPA staff, senior psychologists and ex-officio members, including a free ethics consultation;
- Discounted legal consultation fees, which might also include referrals;
- Opportunities to make your voice heard on surveys, committees, subcommittees, listservs and special groups of interest to you;
- Access to the Members Only section of our website, offering membership search and other information;
- Ability to use various toolkit media for presentations and other shared materials, depending upon availability;
- Regular updates on DPA Executive Council activities and announcements of articles and activities in the psychology community.
For questions on member benefits, please feel free to contact the DPA office, by telephone at (302) 475-1574 or, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.